The editor contains several main areas:
- Your Family Tree, where you see the tree members and their summary like name, surname, dob, dod, residence, etc.
- Quick Edit Panel, where you may see more extended info about a tree member and where you can do the actions related to this tree member & use different menu with family tree management features.
- All basic data related to a particular person displays here.
- Among general profile info like person`s picture, name, surname, dob, dod, amount of children there is ‘media’ & ‘facts’ blocks.
- Media is used for adding images related to this person or any image you want to be associated with a particular tree member. Also, all the images where this person was tagged using the Library`s tagging feature are displayed here automatically.
- Facts reflect persons major lifetime events ordered by event year. Once an event has been created, either by editing user quick/full profile or directly from this panel, it will be automatically reflected under ‘facts’.
Go to the quick edit panel → tree member mini-profile. To add a fact or a photo using this panel just click on a ‘+’ sign and follow your instincts.
Go to the quick edit panel → tree member mini-profile. This action has three options: ‘incorrect record’ deletes tree member from the family tree and Treemily database; ‘don’t want this person on my family tree’ & ‘other’ will delete only from your family tree, but not from the Treemily database.
Go to the quick edit panel → Family tree index. This menu lists all your family tree members, even those who might be not displayed due to their slight relation to the root person. Type a part of the name or surname and Treemily will sort out matching results immediately. You also may use alphabetic order in order to filter out by a letter. By clicking on a tree member from a list Treemily will automatically switch your view to his card.
Go to the quick edit → lineage search. In order to create the lineage, just search for a person you want to build the lineage with.
Go to the quick edit panel → duplicates search. The search starts automatically once you open the menu and gives you results once they`re found. You`ll be getting more results when scrolling the search results, in case they are available.
After the duplicate pair is found and straight before merging you`ll select which tree member should be set as a primary one.
Once merge is done, Treemily will reorder tree members and place duplicates for the secondary tree member positions in case a need.
Please, double check the tree members you`re merging before the merge. In order to get back to the prior to merging state of your family tree use Changes history menu.